Friday, September 27, 2013

Hold up at the check out.


When I was in line at the supermarket checkout recently, I realized one guy in front of me was trying to pay with a can full of silver coins. 
He opened the tin and turned it upside down on the counter.
The young cashier's face changed colour.

The he and the cashier started to count a mind-bogglingly huge amount of silver coins by piling them up into stacks of ten.
Everyone in the queue behind me soon moved away to find another checkout. I wanted to as well, but I had already put all my groceries on the conveyor, and there was too much to move.

I decided to help them, so the three of us counted coins together.
I still remember the total of his bill - $65.50! All paid with silver coins!

When we finally finished counting, the man said to me with a wink, “You should not pay with coins anymore.”
He walked away quickly.

The young lady and I just looked at each other in bewilderment, then both laughed out loud. 

No comments:

Post a Comment