Saturday, September 7, 2013

Vegan sermon




There are quite a few vegetarians and organic food lovers in my surroundings, but they seem to be either very skinny or obese.
One of them is a strict vegan who goes to Yoga lessons enthusiastically, but he always seems to be sick. He has been struggling with chronic migraines, sleeping disorders, skin problems, food allergies, etc. He has to take various supplement tablets and prescription medicines.
I can't help wondering if this is a good lifestyle choice for him.

Another vegetarian always looks pale with extremely fat.
When I sat down on the same table with him at a business function, she did not stop giving lectures about being a vegetarian to all of us. She says he does it for her health, and yet she is also a heavy smoker! I don't understand this at all. She went on and on about the benefits of a vegetarian diet and how healthy it is, and how bad it is to eat meat, but they don't seem to be healthy specimens at all.
I don't really think they are good ambassadors for this lifestyle.
I respect people's choice of diet and their individual beliefs, but please don't try to force them on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment