Monday, September 23, 2013

Hot towels

 



I always make a cup of Japanese green tea for visitng guests at work.
It does not matter if they are Japanese or not. It also doesn't matter whether they like Japanese green tea or not. To make my Japanese boss happy, I do this.

I guess it has not been popular to serve some tea to guests at work anymore in Japan.

As well as green tea, I also serve wet towels to high titled guests from H.Q.
First I roll them up ( the towels, not the guests) and put them into the microwave for a few minutes to make them warm for the VIP's.

One day I made a small mistake.
I left the towels in the microwave for too long. They were much too hot, and the important guests were throwing them from one hand to the other, to try to cool them down.
After a while, they wiped their foreheads and backs of their necks as well with the hot towel.
They looked to be very refreshed and nobody made a complaint. (phew!)

Sometimes I feel like I am working somewhere in Japan in 60’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment