Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Black tie baka!



Even an ordinary person like me is sometimes invited to black tie events. I used to wear an evening dress to this type of function, but either it shrank, or more likely, I might have grown a bit. At this particular party, I decided to wear a kimono. I didn't know many people, so I was glad when a gentleman approached me and gave me a top compliment on my outfit. 'You look lovely!' he said 'Where do you come from?' I thought to myself, obviously he knows I come from Japan, so he must mean where in Japan do I come from. I told him that I was from Kobe, near Osaka, but he just looked at me with a blank expression. I came to realise that he was asking me what country I came from. I couldn't believe it! I thought everyone knew about Japanese kimono. Oh well, I guess a black tie is not necessarily a sign of sophistication.

No comments:

Post a Comment