Friday, January 17, 2014

Waterbed

I really love my water bed! I have slept in a water bed for more than 20 years. I always fall straight into a deep sleep, usually with my ipad or a book on top of me and my light still on.
Unfortunately my darling doesn't like my bed. He teases me and calls me a swinger or something, still living in the 70's. He says he thinks that it is strange to have a waterbed in these days of modern gel and latex mattresses.  Once he even said he felt sea sick! He always exaggerates. I'm sure that in his mind, he thinks he is bobbing around on a kind of giant hot water bottle in a choppy sea. I wish I could show him the structure inside. Actually it has a lot of support for the back. 
I don't know why waterbeds are not popular in Australia these days. Maybe it's because Aussies are heavier than they used to be.
It is certainly difficult to move a water bed. An expert has to be called in to drain and dismantle it.
I am moving in with my fiancé soon. I will miss my waterbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment