Friday, January 17, 2014

Flower thief


Since I finished my job, I have started to notice a lot of things that I normally wouldn't see. For instance, several children on their way to school, stop in front of my house and wave to my cat who is basking in the sun by the front window. I started to wonder what else I had missed while I was at work.
The other day I was watering my front garden early in the morning, when I saw an old lady walking along my street. She stopped at my neighbour's house across the road and pulled out a pair of scissors. She then began snipping a lot of my neighbour's flowers from her rose bushes and placing them into her bag. She wasn't taking the stems, just the blooms of the flowers. Maybe she was making potpourri or something. I really don't know.
She didn't seem to mind that I was standing there, watching her. In fact she looked right at me, but just kept on cutting the flowers. I was quite surprised by her cheek. I wondered how many gardeners would wake up and be shocked to find their lovely blooms missing. I wanted to shout out at her to stop, but you never know how people will react. My neighbourhood can be quite a dangerous place. More and more I am looking forward to moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment