Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Birds


I have recently moved in to my fiancé's place. I am settling in gradually, but there is a lot of cleaning, renovating and improvements to be done. The house definitely needs a woman's touch.
One morning, I was surprised to see him suddenly run out of the house and bang violently on the roof gutters with a broom. I asked what he was doing. He said that birds had been getting inside his roof and nesting there. He could hear them scratching around from inside, waking him up very early. Then they have chicks and they make a lot of noise and a big mess. He says they a a real pest.
In the past, when we were walking together, he would always impress me with his knowledge of birds. I always thought he was a big birdwatcher and lover of birds, but his behaviour shows a big contradiction. He is not friendly to these creatures at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment